Winter has arrived and with it, the snow! It has been such a fun week watching the magic of the winter holiday season unfold in the eyes of the kids and I can't wait to head up to the local mountains for more snowy, bright fun. While it is so nice to finally see the sun, it's important to remember to keep our little ones' eyes safe when we're heading outdoors and participating in winter activities. I've partnered with Image Optometry to share some key tips to maintaining children's eye safety whether you are heading for a snowy vacation over Christmas or jetting off to Maui!
Key tips for keeping little eyes safe in the sun and snow:
- wear protective eye gear when participating in sports or outdoor activities
- tell children to never look directly at the sun
- have eyes examined regularly (Image recommends 6 months, 3 years and annually after that) to ensure any problems are picked up quickly
- set a good example through wearing your own protective eye gear
- encourage children to wash hands thoroughly before touching their eyes
- supervise children when using sharp objects, such as ski poles (to ensure injury to the eyes)
Image is offering a free pair of Vancouver Canucks hockey tickets when you book two appointments on the same date and at the same time...
Happy Holiday season friends!!