As a kid, my all-time favourite popsicles were Fudgsicles. If there was ever a road side stop on a holiday or an ice cream truck at the park, I would choose the chocolatey frozen goodness of a Fudgsicle every time. So it made sense that my very first recipe on the blog would be a popsicle that reflects the very happy feeling of summer nostalgia.
Fast forward twenty years (or thirty, but who's counting) and I still think of these delicious frozen treats when summer hits. On hot summer days, we always have popsicles on hand and making a snack that is totally satisfying and equally healthy / delicious was the goal for this recipe.
I guarantee this vegan and gluten-free chocolate-date-coconut combo is one that both adults and kids will love and results in a popsicle that is sweet and creamy at the same time.
Would love to hear your thoughts on how you like these!
Makes 6 popsicles using my popsicle mold set or more if making smaller ones.
- 1 can coconut milk (400mL, use best quality you can find without fillers)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 5 medjool dates, pitted and ripped in half
- Empty the contents of the coconut milk into blender. Add cocoa and dates. We use this Vitamix and love it.
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle mold and freeze until solid (overnight is ideal but we've eaten them 5 hours after making too)
- Run popsicle under warm water to loosen mold, and serve!
SHOP THE POST...