Still looking for a little something sweet for next week? Most of these items are quick shipping from Amazon, including one of our favourite books ever, In My Heart (A Book of Feelings). If these all fail, there's always chocolate ;)
Since Valentine's Day is fast approaching, I've rounded up my top picks for heart shaped pillows.
1. For pillows that work anywhere in the house, these Atsuyo et Akiko pillows are perfect. They have the sweetest little pocket on the back that could easily work as a tooth fairy pillow!
2. Simple and white, this Numero 74 pillow is a classic.
3. Sequined, in two sizes and two colours, Atsuyo et Akiko adds a little glamour to the everyday.
4. For an instant pop of colour, run to IKEA to find this pillow that is perfect for any occasion.
Everyone loves an easy DIY and this one is just that! On a rainy Friday afternoon, with the help of my 4 year olds, we created this pretty Valentine’s Day tree. To make it, you will need the following ingredients…
- paper (construction paper didn’t work well; scrapbooking paper is great)
- tree branches
- spray paint
1. Take your tree branches (make sure they are perfectly dry) and spray them with white paint (or gold, or any colour you wish).
2. Have your kids help cut strips of varying sizes in various colours (we used white, gold, and a variety of leftover pink patterned papers.
3. Fold the paper in half, then pinch in the open top to make a heart shape.
5. Tie string and hang on your tree.